- sp_rename raises error 17240
- square brackets are being used as quotes around names
- names contain characters that are not normally allowed in identifiers (Valid characters are letters, numbers, the symbols #, @, _, and currency symbols such as $ (dollars), ¥ (yen), and £ (pound sterling). Identifiers cannot include special characters such as !, %, ^, &, *, and . or embedded spaces.)
- No error raised if quotation marks used instead of square brackets
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, sp_rename, quoted_identifier, quote, name, object, square, bracket , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.