ASE processes fail and catch the signal 11 exception. Per the ASE log:
Current process (0x1c900e5) infected with signal 11
The accompanying stacktrace includes the following functions:
NOTE: On systems running SAP applications, the failure results in any one or more of the following perilous behaviours -
- ASE database server shuts down immediately
- There are several disconnects on the SAP application-end rendering the system unusable
- The corresponding SAP work process remains and accumulates memory while the failure of the ASE process goes unnoticed
- The infected ASE process becomes a zombie and cannot be killed.
- The zombie ASE process accumulates transaction log space and ASE runs of of log space, rendering the system unusable
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP Netweaver (all versions)
LeSendRow::_sendColsToClient, zombie, exception, 818806, CR818806, 816054, CR186054 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.