The UK triggered Article 50 of the Treaty of the European Union on 29 March 2017. As set out under that treaty, the UK had two years to negotiate a Withdrawal Agreement and framework for a future relationship with the EU before the point of the UK’s exit from the EU at 11pm GMT on 29 March 2019.
If the Withdrawal Agreement is ratified, the deadline for agreeing the terms of the UK's future relationship with the EU will move to 31 December 2020.
A no deal scenario, also called "hard" Brexit, is one where the UK leaves the EU and becomes a third country at 11pm GMT on 29 March 2019 without a Withdrawal Agreement and framework for a future relationship in place between the UK and the EU.
This KBA provides general guidelines about the changes to be implemented for SAP GTS standard functionality as a result of this. And this document shall be continually updated as further changes are implemented by SAP as notes are released.
Current timeline for change implementation
The timeline is highly dependent on the political decisions made in London and Brussels.
- Unitl February 2019 Collection and Analysis of Information
- End of Feburary 2019 Decision on roll out and implementation
- 15th March 2019 Implementation and release of corrections
- Following the EU summit on March 21, 2019 in Brussels Brexit has been postponed to at least April 12, 2019
- Following the EU summit on April 10, 2019, in Brussels, Brexit has been postponed to at least October 31, 2019
Once the details of the agreement have been finalized, the relevant note(s) shall be released to customers, and details of these notes shall be updated below
- SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) Plug In
- SAP ERP 6.0
- Global Trade Services / Logistics Services (SLL)
- SAP Global Trade Services 10.0
- SAP Global Trade Services 10.1
- SAP Global Trade Services 11.0
SLL_PI 901, 900, , KBA , SLL-LEG-FUN , General Functions , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.