- Full Database Encryption fails with Error 632 followed by a stack trace:
The encryption of database 'ABC' has started.
Error: 632, Severity: 20, State: 2
Attempt to move memory with an incorrect length of -36335. Maximum allowed length is 16384.
DB Encryption Worker: The encryption of the pages failed. Please contact SAP Technical Support for assistance.
- This is a sample command executed via isql:
alter database ABC encrypt with DEK
- The stack trace for the failing spid includes functions:
- Alternatively the "Infected with signal 11" error in the module exc_raise*() followed by a stack trace can occur during Full Database Encryption or Decryption:
Current process (0x0) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001d3aa4f (exc_raise+0x3f), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x000000000000bcb0)
The corresponding stack trace includes functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 for Business Suite
812183, CR812183, CR#812183, CR817680, CR#817680, 817680, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.