- Error 820 State 1 along with a stack trace may be reported in the ASE error log:
Error: 820, Severity: 21, State: 1
Attempt to dirty non-log buffer BUF=0x0x00002b14e5663df0, MASS=0x0x00002b14e5663cc0, Buf#=1, page=0x0x00002b13fae08000, dbid=23, Mass vdevno=115, vpage=355568, Buf lpage=69264189, Mass stat=0x44691008, Buf stat=0x1, size=16384, cid=3 ('mydb_log_cache'), Pinned xdes=0x(nil), spid=0 which is in I/O.
- The stack trace includes modules:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- The stack trace indicates that the error is detected in the module 'bufpindirty’ when 'plc__flush' is in progress and a buffer from a large buffer pool in the named cache is involved.
- Processes are hung.
- The ASE server has to be rebooted.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR815626, CR#815626, 815626, syslogs, dedicated, named, cache, large, pool, stacktrace , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.