- One or more dump database and/or dump transaction commands are sleeping and not finishing
- A dbcc stacktrace on the sleeping dump transaction command will look something like this
- A dbcc stacktrace on a sleeping dump database command will look something like this
- The stored procedure sp_dump_history is being executed to purge history and it is not completing
- A dbcc stacktrace on the sleeping sp_dump_history spid might look something like this
- Alternate dbcc stacktrace on the sleeping sp_dump_history spid might look something like this
- A timeslice message is seen in the SAP ASE errorlog with the failure in the module write and a stacktrace similar to this
- In cases of the sleeping spids, a kill of the sleeping spid will not be responsive and a reboot is necessary to clear them.
- The configuration parameter "enable dump history" is enabled.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 (ASE)
CR817868, CR#817868, 817868, dumphist, purge_dump_history, deadlock , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.