Diagnostics Agent regularly crashes with error: GC overhead limit exceeded
- Error persists even after all recommended steps of KBA 1901400- Diagnostic Agent stopped - OutOfMemoryError! with exit code 666 - Solution Manager 7.1 were followed:
- ulimit settings were reviewed
- Xmx and Xms parameters were already incresed to 512m, which is the maximum recommended in the KBA
- Also, the SAPJVM is above version 6, patch 106, as recommended by KBA 2388889 - Jstart Process of Diagnostics Agent consuming high memory / CPU
- After generating a heap dump file (.hprof) of your Diagnostics Agents that is crashing and analyzing it with Eclipse and Memory Analyzer Tool (KBA 1883568), the Leak Suspect report shows that a thread is keeping local variables with size superior to the value specified in Xmx and Xms parameters:
- The following entry is found in the stack trace of the Leak Report:
Solution Manager 7.2
Solman, Diagnostics Agent, SMD agent, Out of Memory, GC overhead limit exceeded , KBA , SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-AGT , Agent Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.