- When starting the Fiori Launchpad, there is a "Home" dropdown button (with an arrow on the right) showing that one can pull down for further entries
- The entries in the dropdown (i.e. catalogs/groups) may not be useful for all cases as some users are not allowed to search in there
- Business Issue: From the Fiori Home Design documents, these certain catalogs are normally copied from the replication step from the backend wherein if the USER has access to it, it will grant the user the ability to search and click on the said app
- Due to the user has access to certain standard catalogs as defined by the PFCG and there is no simple way to turn on and turn off certain standard apps from the standard catalog that was replicated from the backend
- There is a chance that a user that has access to a Catalog (i.e. Through the HOME button) may not be authorized by the company to access certain Fiori app
- and with the HOME button drop down able to quickly show a user all the apps within the catalog, then this presents a use case issue wherein certain users may be able to run an app without authorization
- This could be a security issue
- Is there an option to deactivate this function from the shell?
SAP Netweaver 7.40
"Disable Fiori Home","How to disable the Fiori Home","Fiori application being accessed by user","Security issue Fiori Home","Fiori users able to access application in Home search","Home Search showing application for users","Users can access Fiori app in Search" , KBA , CA-FLP-FE-UI , SAP Fiori Launchpad User Interface , CA-FE-FLP-DT , SAP Fiori Launchpad Designer (ABAP) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.