- ASE errorlog reports a timeslice or signal 11 at address pipe_read
- While holding spinlock dbt_pipemgrspin which crashes ASE:
Current process (0x7f503fb) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0000000100637860 (pipe_read+0x198)
Spinlocks held by kpid 12345678
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_pipemgrspin at address ....
- followed by stacktrace including functions:
- Preceding errors pointing to parellel processing may be seen in the log
- If so, there may be (very) many of them:
Error: 9566, Severity: 20, State: 1
Worker Process internal plan copy error for EVAL E_LPAD.
Consider running this query serially by setting the session parameter 'parallel_degree' to 1.
Please contact SAP Technical Support.
Thread (spid=1234) initiating parallel primary error processing.
followed by (many) stacktraces including function copy__eop_eval_list
- See attachment Stack_Example.txt for un-sanitized log entries
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
spinlocks, parallel, pipe_read, pipe_write, dbt_pipemgrspin, unptn_pllscan, CR819479, CR816694, 816694, 819479, , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.