- After ASE upgrade, XP server hangs without responding all requests.
- Any command issued to XP server returns error like below:
1> xp_cmdshell 'ls'
Msg 11496, Level 16, State 7
Server 'xxx', Procedure 'xp_cmdshell', Line 8
Cannot read from site 'xxx_XP'. Please check the XP Server error log file for detailed error description.
(return status = -6)
Msg 7212, Level 11, State 2
Server 'xxx', Line 1
Can't close connection 2 on site 'xxx_XP' because it is not active.
- However, XP server appears to be running by checking the OS process
- XP log may print the error below, but the environment variables are pointing to the correct lib path.
CS-Library error Layer(1) Origin(4) Sev(6) 10 - comn_cryptolib_load(): user api layer: internal common library error: Failed to load library '%1!'.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL4
XP server, Msg 11496, Msg 7212, xp_cmdshell, upgrade , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.