Unable to associated Future Dated Objects (FDO), unless Objects are currently active
i.e. Unable to Associate objects that are not currently active with one another.
Scenario 1: Association of a Child Object with any Future Dated Objects (FDO) in the future
Associate FDO with Child Composite Association (A Child Object to be associated with any GO)
- Business process is to associate a FDO when creating a New Child Object
- (The association is for a date in future when both the New Child Object and FDO become active)
- However the FDO cannot be found in the dropdown to be associated with.
Scenario 2: Association of Future Dated Foundation and Generic Object in the future.
Associate Future Dated FO with GO Composite Association (No child Object Involved)
Here the composite association is on the wrapper.
- Future Dated Objects (FDO) - These are object that are not yet active but are set to be active in future.
- in the future means that the associations are set in the future.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Configure Object Definition
Platform - Metadata Frameworks
Future Dated Association, Future Dated Object, parent.effectiveStartDate, Start-Date, effectiveStartDate, XAF-23376 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-MDF , Meta Data Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.