Connections to the ASE may end unexpectedly and the ASE may also shutdown unexpectedly.
The errorlog will contain signal 11 messages (and sometime timeslice messages as well) along with stacktraces including any of the following functions: np_conn_props, kctCheckAsync, omni_ct_send, ct__mp_free, pthread_mutex_lock
You may also see messages in the errorlog like these:
Restarted process 'HK CHORES'
- usctclose(CS_FORCE_CLOSE) returns CS_FAIL
- RDESDISC, spid <number> rdesp <hex number> rd_connection <hex number>: usctcondrop failed.
- Run to completion task 'CtlibController' exiting.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
- Component Integration Services (CIS)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR815204, CR#815204, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, stack, registers , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.