After a successful install of 4.2 SP03 on the server multiple times, in looking through the task manager on the box, all relevant processes seem to indicate as started with a PID allocated but through the CCM, in looking through Manage Servers, the same processes appear as shut and disabled.
You are trying to expand BI Platform using additional new node in the existing cluster environment
However after the install all the servers on this new node remain in stopped/disabled state.
In CMC the properties of the servers on problematic node show error "SIA is unavailable for the server".
Servers can be enabled manually but cannot be started.
Below are the steps performed:
1. Observed that the BO servers have exe's / PID's in the task manager however the PID's are not seem in CCM/CMC.
2. Tried to reinstall the product on the problematic node, observed the same behavior.
3. Created a new SIA, recreated the SIA.
4. Updated the hosts file on the problematic node + both CMS nodes and all other nodes + CMS database server. Each server has entry of every other server in the cluster including CMS database
5. Disabled IPV6 on all the nodes i the cluster, disabled DEP settings, UAC settings. Tried to reinstall the product after this this but same behavior.
6. They have tried only the expand install and only the processing tier on this machine. The exe/pid’s of servers are listed in task manager but it does not reflect in CMC/CCM.
7.We are able to create/recreate SIA successfully but again exe/pid’s of servers are listed in task manager but it does not reflect in CMC/CCM.
8. However, when we shutdown the SIA, create a new SIA with default services and cluster to the existing cluster. We were able to add the new node to the existing cluster successfully however ""when we login to CCM/CMC the servers are stopped/disabled"".
The server processes are seen in the task manager though. It is still failing to cluster. [Fails]
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
BI 4.2, 4.1, disabled, stop, server, cluster, pids, task, manager , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.