- Feature enhancement to improve performance of DUMP DATABASE on databases that have large amounts of free space.
- DUMP DATABASE is slow when dumping a large empty or sparsely allocated database.
- DUMP DATABASE can take much longer after large amounts of space are freed by drop table, truncate table, mass deletes
- DUMP DATABASE can take much longer after an ALTER DATABASE adds a large amount of empty space to a database.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
- Backup Server
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, backupserver, performance, slow, slower, longer, dump, empty, sparse, free, unreserved, dropped, truncated , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.