On March 5, 2018, the California Supreme Court issued a ruling clarifying how employers must handle flat-sum bonuses (i.e., additional compensation that does not change depending on the number of hours worked by an employee) in the calculation of overtime.
Under this ruling, an employer must:
- Calculate a non-exempt employee’s additional overtime by dividing the amount of the flat-sum bonus by the actual number of non-overtime hours worked by the employee;
- Then multiplying that per-hour value by 1.5 (or 2, depending on the applicable multiplier to use) and by the number of overtime hours worked.
- Human Capital Management (HCM)
- SAP R/3
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP ERP with Software Component SAP_HRCUS
FLS, California, Flat Sum, bonus, overtime, Payroll US, Payroll driver, PC00_M10_CALC, PC00_M10_CALC_SIMU, RPCALCU0, RGRTE, payroll function, processing class 85 , KBA , PY-US , USA , PY-US-TX , Taxes , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.