- Hive 2.x is configured by default in your BDS cluster
- Altiscale Hive ODBC Driver has been installed on Windows (64-bit)
- Testing the connection results in the following error message:
[Altiscale][ThriftExtension](3) Error occurred while contacting server: ETIMEDOUT.
The connection has been configured to use a SASL mechanism for authentication. This error might be due to the server is not using SASL for authentication
- SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services (BDS) 4.3
- SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services (BDS) 5.0
- Microsoft Windows (2012, 2008, Vista, 7, 8 or any other specific version)
Hive 2, beeline, 10000, odbc, simba , KBA , BC-NEO-BDS , HCP Big Data Service , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.