- When executing a report based on a BEx query through the BICS layer, the Key value appears of the BEx characteristics instead of the Text value, which is empty (null).
- Expectation would be to return the empty (null) Text value, instead of the Key value, which is a # in this case.
- The behavior is the same in all front-end reporting tools that is using the BICS layer, such as Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Analysis for Office, Design Studio.
- Still the Key value is shown after setting the parameter BICS_INFOOBJECT_TEXT_DISPLAY = X in RSADMIN as described in SAP Note 2404184.
- When setting the Characteristic Presentation to Key in RSRT:
- We can see that it shows the Key value (#).
- When setting the Characteristic Presentation to Text in RSRT:
- It shows the empty Text values (null).
- However, when creating a report in any of the mentioned reporting tools (here is an example from Crystal Reports), we can see that the Key value (#) is retrieved instead of the Text value (null).
- The same behavior is observed when executing the BEx query in Information Design Tool (IDT) in Query Panel (from BI 4.2 SP3 and newer).
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office
- SAP Crystal Reports
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise (CR4E)
- SAP Web Intelligence
- Information Design Tool (IDT)
bi, boe, bw, bex, bics, webi, crystal, cr, cr4e, empty text, null, blank, missing, key, #, not assigned , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , BI-RA-AD , Design Studio , BI-RA-CRE , Crystal Reports for Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.