Extra table scan operator on update target table exists in 'set showplan on' output
- The query joins two tables; update target table name qualified as dbo.tablename, but table name in "from clause" does not include owner name dbo.
- Only regular users (non-DBO / non-SA) get into this problem. DBO or SA gets expected query plan.
- The update query may produce wrong results due to invalid query plan.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
table scan, showplan, set showplan on, non-DBA, non-SA, [owner].[table_name], update, from, from clause, wrong result, wrong results , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.