- An EXCLUSIVE TABLE lock does not lock dependent VIEWs causing DDL like ALTER TABLE to later fail should a shared lock on a view exist
- Requirement for an exclusive lock on a table to mean just that, that the table is exclusively locked and no other lock or dependant lock further down the locking hierarchy is permitted.
- SAP IQ 15.4 all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.0 all platforms
- SAP IQ 16.1 all platforms
NFR, sybase, IQ16, tablelock, CR811230, CR#811230, 811230, enhancement, viewlock, 'SQLCODE=-210', 'another user', 'has the row in', locked, 40001, state, ODBC, invalid, 'alter view', , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.