- Table t1 has update trigger which inserts data from internal deleted into table t2;
- Table t1/t2 schemas are modified by command 'alter table ... drop column with NO DATACOPY';
- The update trigger of t1 has been recreated afer table schema changed;
- Following problems start to happen after 'reorg rebuild' being run on table t1:
* 'Invalid column length' messages may display in ASE errorlog file like below:
Invalid column length: 11. Value must be between 0 and 1 at offset -17 for 'data-only' row with minimum row length of 46.
* New inserted data rows in t2 show data corruption.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP138/139
'Invalid column length', 'NO DATACOPY', alter table drop column, CR#803870, 803870, CR 803870, reorg rebuild, , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.