- On SAP NetWeaver 7.5x systems running on SAP ASE 160: you are doing a System Copy via manual dump/load method - across different EBF releases of ASE 160
(for eg: from ASE 160 SP02 PL04 HF1 to ASE 160 SP02 PL06 HF1)
- On non-SAP systems: you are loading an ASE database dump onto a different EBF release of ASE 160 (for eg: from ASE 160 SP02 PL04 to ASE 160 SP02 PL06)
- Following a successful load, the ONLINE DATABASE command fails like so:
Database 'ABC' appears to be at an older version '16.0 SP02 PL04' than the present installation at version '16.0 SP02 PL05'; ASE will assess it, and upgrade it as required.
Database 'ABC': beginning upgrade step [ID 2]: validate basic system type data
Database 'ABC': beginning upgrade step [ID 75]: executing SQL statement ("update syscolumns set type=66, user...")
(0 rows affected)
Database 'ABC': beginning upgrade step [ID 1800]: noting the present database upgrade level
Upgrade has finished in database 'ABC'. ASE is now updating table level statistics for its system tables. Please be patient.
Msg 267, Level 16, State 5: Server 'ABC', Line 1: Object '##SATC_CI_GTT_CNTC' cannot be found.
ASE could not bring database 'ABC' online.
- Upgrade in this case completes successfully
- The error 267 is encountered on Global Temporary Tables (##<tab>) when updating statistics
- You are able to connect to the ASE via isql and an sp_help on the offending table (<tab>) indicates that <tab> is a Global Temporary Table
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) 7.5 and above
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
System Copy, GTT, 267, online database, load, restore, "Assertion failed: Unable to update database SID" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.