SySAM License Server managing SySAM-enabled products for PRODUCTION, DVPT, TEST, UAT environments
- Product licenses include (not all listed):
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition (Core)
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition Encrypted Column Option
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition Partitions Option
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition Security & Directory Services Option
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition Compression Option
SAP Sybase ASE Enterprise Edition In-Memory DatabasesOption
finite number of license types being managed are 'CP' and 'DT'
CP license types are typically purposed for PRODUCTION environments
DT license types are typically purposed for DVPT, TEST, UAT envrionments
ASE instances purposed for DVPT, TEST, UAT that have initially checked out 'CP' license types for ASE CORE and Optional Features need to change and check out 'DT' license types.
- Using sp_lmconfig change license type to 'DT' and reboot ASE. Run sp_lmconfig, the output shows the ASE_CORE reflects 'DT' and Optional features still have 'CP' license type checked out.
- Maintain compliance to Support/Product Maintenance Contract Agreement
SySAM License Server 2.4
- SySAM License Server 2.3
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
- Sybase Adpative Server Enterprise 15.0
entitlements, development, DVPT, testing, TEST, TSTG, UAT, change out, served, SYBASE.opt, license attribute , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SAM , Sybase Software Asset Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.