- ASE won't start or starts in 'grace' mode
- The errorlog shows SYSAM license message that states required amount of licenses (X) is lower than amount available (Y)
- In this example: Y = available licenses = 148 which is greater than X = required licenses = 8
- If the available licenses are greater than required, ASE should check them out
- The message below is an example, but it can be seen for any other license type or option:
SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_ASM feature from License Server license_server_01.
Insufficient ASE_ASM CPU licenses. ASE requires 8 ASE_ASM ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 148 could be obtained.
Check whether additional licenses are available at the SAP Support Portal.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) with SYSAM 2.4:
- 16.0 SP02 PL05 and higher
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
"Checked out graced license" , grace , graced license , insufficient , , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.