You are running SAP applications on SAP ASE database.
You find continual Error 1105s in the ASE errorlog, reported on saptools database: Error 1105 Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'saptools' because 'logsegment' is full/has no free extents
ON AIX platform, you will find frequent reports of the error: kernel WriteFile error: status 32 vsn 140
When the log space for the saptools database is filled up, one or more of the following symptoms are seen:
SAP work processes disconnect
- ASE server seems hung
- ASE backupserver disconnects and no scheduled backups go through
- DBACockpit ATM runs are halted
- ASE has to be recycled in order to clear the stalled processes
- The log space does not increase despite following the steps in SAP KBA 1836607
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
saptools, 1105, alter database, CR 778210, 778210, sddone, WriteFile , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.