On SAP systems running SAP ASE:
- Error 1105s are reported in the ASE errorlog, on saptools database: Error 1105 Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'saptools' because 'logsegment' is full/has no free extents
- Additionally on the AIX platform, there are frequent reports of the error: kernel WriteFile error: status 32 vsn 140
- When the log space for the saptools database is filled up, one or more of the following symptoms are seen:
SAP work processes disconnect
- ASE server seems hung
- ASE backupserver disconnects and no scheduled backups go through
- DBACockpit ATM runs are halted
- ASE has to be recycled in order to clear the stalled processes
- The log space does not increase despite following the steps in SAP KBA 1836607
On systems running non-SAP applications, the following errors are reported in the ASE errorlog as well:
Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 7
ERROR: Can't get a new log page in db 2. num_left=2 num_in_plc=2.
Rebuilt syslogs gam for dbid 2
Error: 3475, Severity: 21, State: 7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
saptools, 1105, alter database, CR 778210, 778210, sddone, WriteFile , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.