You are running SAP or custom applications on SAP ASE database.
During periods of high concurrency and heavy load on the system, ASE shuts down due to processes failing with timeslice in function kboalloc() and stacktrace errors.
The server process holds a PDESMGR_SPIN spinlock while timeslicing out, thereby bringing the ASE down.
- timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x1633469 (kboalloc+0x479)
- timeslice error: spid 316 exhausted its 'time slice' of 100 milliseconds and additional 'cpu grace time' of 1000 ticks (100000 milliseconds). It has been marked for termination.
This Adaptive Server process has had 15300421 major and 26010644 minor page faults since boot.
- Spinlocks held by kpid 8454866
Spinlock Resource->rpdesmgr_spin at address 0x0000000144119980 owned by 8454866
- The stacktrace error references the functions:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
timeslice, kboalloc, 802811, CR 802811, ptn__pdes_grab, spinlock , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.