- During periods of high concurrency and heavy load on the system
- ASE encounters a timeslice in function kboalloc()
- With the server process holding a PDESMGR_SPIN spinlock
- Causing ASE to crash
- The errorlog will show entries like:
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x1633469 (kboalloc+0x479)
This Adaptive Server process has had 15300421 major and 26010644 minor page faults since boot.
Spinlocks held by kpid 12345678
Spinlock Resource->rpdesmgr_spin at address 0x0000000144119980 owned by 12345678
- with a stack trace showing functions including:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
timeslice, kboalloc, 802811, CR 802811, ptn__pdes_grab, spinlock , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.