- During installation of the product, after entering Central Management Server (CMS) DB credentials, the following error is seen:
The system cannot verify the database logon information. [INS00104]
- SetupEngine logs show the following errors:
09:59:21.523 [run_external_executable] cmdLine: <BOBJINSTALLPACKAGEDIR>\51052538\DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\platform.services.cms.cpp.dbcheck-4.0-core-64\/dbcheck
09:59:22.101 [run_external_executable] Exit code: -1073741515
09:59:22.101 Error: Identifier not found in lookup: [INS00104]
- Process Monitor traces of dbcheck.exe show that it looks for the following file:
It does not find this file in the specified directory, so it crashes.
- If installing Information Platform Services (IPS) using InstallIPS.exe, the following error may be seen:
InstallIPS.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP04+
- Windows Server 2012 R2
KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.