In jConnect, set commands do not remain in effect if they are executed by using java.sql.PreparedStatement and DYNAMIC_PREPARE connection property is true.
- For example, you execute "set transaction isolation level 0" by using PreparedStatement and then execute a SELECT query.
- The SELECT query should return a result set without being blocked because it's a dirty read, but in fact it can be blocked by another process holding an exclusive lock.
- This is more likely to occur after you upgrade your jConnect to 7.0 ESD#3 or later.
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 ESD
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 SP
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Software Developer Kit (SDK) 16.0 SP
- JDBC 7.x
- JDBC 16.0 (is version JDBC 7.07)
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
DYNAMIC_PREPARE, PreparedStatement, jconn3, jconn3.jar, jconn4, jconn4.jar , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.