- An SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) project is running as a "watchdog" project.
- To get metadata stream events from the client project into the watchdog project, the command (below) uses:
- the "streamingsubscribe" ESP utility, to subscribe to the metadata stream in the client project.
- the "sed" command, to convert the XML tag name and make sure all the events are inserts (for use with normal streams).
- the "streamingconvert" and "streamingupload" ESP utilities, to upload the events to the watchdog project.
streamingsubscribe -c studio:pass -p localhost:9786/default/simple -s _ESP_Streams_Monitor | sed -e 's/_ESP_Streams_Monitor/inStreamsMonitor/g;s/ESP_OPS="u"/ESP_OPS="i"/g' | streamingconvert -c studio:pass -p localhost:9786/default/metadatain -m "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" | streamingupload -p localhost:9786/default/metadatain -c studio:pass
- After executing the (above) command, data does not get received by the watchdog project, and after thirteen minutes, the following error appears on the screen:
convert: Error getting stream handle from server or configFile for stream: | inStreamsMonitor |
you are not authorized to do this operation
upload: 4 bytes read, 8 written.
upload: 0 records processed.
upload: in 751.686 seconds.
sed: couldn't write 433 items to stdout: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
- The only way to get the commands to succeed is to split up the command as follows:
streamingsubscribe -c user:pass -e -p myhost:19011/default/my_client_project -s _ESP_Connectors | sed -e 's/_ESP_Connectors/inStream/g;s/ESP_OPS="u"/ESP_OPS="i"/g' > myfile
cat myfile | streamingconvert -c user:pass -e -p myhost:19011/default/watchdog | streamingupload -c user:pass -e -p myhost:19011/default/watchdog
- How to implement in ESP to get metadata stream data from the client project into the "watchdog" project in real-time, rather than through using file convert and upload utilities?
SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1
streaming, processing, esp , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.