- Dropping partition on a table taking longer on one environment (ENV1) vs. another environment (ENV2) with identical ASE configuration
alter table "table name" drop partition "partition name"
- Truncate table taking long on one environment (ENV1) vs. another environment (ENV2) with identical ASE configuration
truncate table "table name" partition "partition name"
- OS configuration and hardware configuration are identical on both environment
- Dump database (ENV1) and loading to (ENV2). The alter table and truncation of data on (ENV2) is now taking just as long on (ENV1)
- Table does not contain a cluster index
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.