Which is the recommended approach to upgrade from BI 4.0/4.1 to BI 4.2 SP2+ in a clustered landscape using sequential method ?
Below environment is an example of a clustered landscape:
- Nodes: 8
- 2 nodes (say H0 and H9): have no SIA, have web tier (Tomcat)
- 2 nodes (say HQ and HT): have the FRS and the CMS is enabled and running.
- 4 nodes (say 6V, 6J, 6H, 6I) : have no FRS and the CMS are OFF and not autostarted as they are not used.
- Design Studio 1.6 is installed on all 8 nodes.
- Lumira 1.3 is installed only on H0, H9, 6V, 6J.
- Current version is 4.1 SP07 Patch 3
- Desired version is 4.2 SP04
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- Clustered environment
- Windows / Unix
BI 4.0 BI 4.1 BI 4.2 SP2 SP3 SP4 Support Pack upgrade update correct right recommended supported method approach Linux AIX License Key Error Invalid Key cluster landscape , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.