- "Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (3275)" error is shown when refreshing a Desktop Intelligence (DeskI) report based on an Excel data source / when exporting a DeskI report to Excel format.
- When clicking on OK, a subsequent error is shown: "The following data providers have not been successfully refreshed: PD 1 in <path>\<excel_spreadsheet>.xls. (DMA0007)"
- The issue is observed since installing a Microsoft Security Update. See the "Environment" section for the corresponding KB numbers for the affected Windows Operating Systems.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- Desktop Intelligence (DeskI)
- Desktop Intelligence Compatibility Pack (DCP)
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 -> KB4041681 (or KB4038803) & KB4041678
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 -> KB4041693 & KB4041687
- Microsoft Excel 2007 (*.xls)
If you are facing this issue with Crystal Reports, please refer to the following KBA: 2548907 - Error: 'Logon Failed. Unexpected error from external database driver' when refreshing a report based off MS Excel in Crystal Reports and in SAP BI LaunchPad
deski, excel, refresh, unexpected error from external database driver, 3275, DMA0007, KB4041681, KB4038803, msexcl40.dll , KBA , BI-RA-DKI , Desktop Intelligence , BI-RA-DKI-CLT , Desktop Intelligence Client , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.