- In SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), while trying to create a recursive function several different errors may occur:
- Msg 3702, Level 16, State 15: Server '<server name>', Procedure '<function name>': Cannot drop or replace the SQL function '<procedure name>' because it is currently in use
- Msg 925, Level 16, State 1: Server '<server name>', Procedure '<function name>': Maximum number of used databases for each query has been exceeded. The maximum allowed is 8.
- Msg 14216, Level 16, State 3: Server '<server name>', Procedure '<function name>': Function '<function name>' not found. If this is a SQLJ function or SQL function, use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce a large amount of output).
- In earlier ASE versions, a recursive function could be created by creating the function without recursion and editing the function at a later time, however this now produces one of the above errors.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03
ASE 16.0 SP03, recursive function, recursion CR813014, CR#813014 , 813014, CR795854, CR#795854, 795854 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.