You are performing an upgrade with the Software Update Manager and run into the following error during phase PREP_CONFIGURATION/SUBMOD_MIG_GETKRNL/SCANDIR_MIGKERNELS:
=== SAPupConsole.log ===================================
Action PREP_CONFIGURATION/SUBMOD_MIG_GETKRNL/SCANDIR_MIGKERNELS, Type error: SAP Kernel requested
No suitable SAP Kernel archive for platform <system platform> was found in the
In SCANDIRMIGKRNLS.LOG file, you find messages similar to these:
- 1 ETQ399 Selecting kernel archives for target 'exe_2nd'.
- 2 ETQ399 Archive '<download directory>/SAPEXEDB_801-10011374.SAR' is not compatible to SAP_BASIS release '740'
- 2 ETQ399 Archive '<download directory>/SAPEXEDB_301-70001628.SAR' is for different DB-type 'db6' != requested 'hdb'.
- 2 ETQ399 Archive '<download directory>/SAPEXE.SAR' is for different codepage 'NUC' (requested 'UC').
- 1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Archive for second DB is for platform 'linuxx86_64' != local platform
- 2WETQ399 SAPEXEDB_301-80000698.SAR' has lower patch number '301' than the system kernel ('321')
- Software Update Manager
DMO, database migration, hana, hdb, dbsl , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.