- Unrelated index selection by optimizer in query plan on test but not production.
- The difference in showplan is that on test it chooses index1 that includes (colA, colD) where on prod it the index2 includes (colA, colC).
- The column colA and colC are in the WHERE clause but colD is not.
- The process on test takes 11 minutes 20 seconds but on prod it takes 3 minutes and 50 seconds.
- Even when the same plan and indexes are forced on test the query with identical data takes longer.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
"query performance", "physical I/O", "physical i/o", "Optimized using Serial Mode", "Optimized using Parallel Mode", "optimizer question", "wrong index" , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.