- ASE errorlog reports errors 714, 707 & 6103 with stacktraces.
- The error sequence includes:
Error: 714, Severity: 20, State: 2
Unable to locate a procedure cache memory control descriptor for memory '0x0x284d2a800' allocated by process 123.
(mem_freepages) Diagnostics for error 707 state 6: addr=0x0x284d2a800 mem free failed retcode=-10 pgcount=4
Error: 707, Severity: 20, State: 6
System error detected during attempt to free memory at address 0x284d2a800. Please consult the ASE error log for more details.
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00000001f5e3adf8 found with open sdes....
Error: 6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 707.
Error: 21, Severity: 20, State: 1
- As a result a zombie spid is left behind, each time the error sequence is seen
- These zombie spids cannot be killed with the 'kill' command
- ASE server not stopping after 'shutdown' command
- ASE errorlog reporting messages like :
SHUTDOWN is waiting for x process(es) to complete.
found active spid 123
found active spid 456
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP138
"SHUTDOWN is waiting for process(es) to complete" , "SHUTDOWN is waiting for" , "found active spid", ase , sybase , "shutdown hang" , "hanging shutdown" , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.