When a PB Classic .NET assembly is used in a MS Visual Studio application, the following incorrect behaviors are present:
- Unhandled exceptions silently fail in console applications after a PowerBuilder generated assembly is loaded.
- In a Windows Forms applications, all unhandled exceptions are delegated to the systemerror event after a PowerBuilder generated assembly is loaded.
- Errors with datastore/datawindow SetItem methods occur in a PowerBuilder windows application but not a PowerBuilder generate assembly
- PowerBuilder generated runtime errors do not always provide a message in the exception in coming from the PowerBuilder generate assembly
- There must be an explicit reference to a PowerBuilder object in order to instantiate the object in a PowerBuilder generated assembly.
SAP PowerBuilder 12.6
Microsoft Visual Studio
CR809710, 809710, CR 809469, CR809469, ds, dw, VS , KBA , BC-SYB-PB , Powerbuilder , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.