The matrix grid reports, performance/potential matrix and how vs. what matrix, offer insights across available talent and help you compare succession candidates from a target population like a team or department.
You use the matrix grid reports, sometimes known as a 9-box, to identify your high potential talent. The matrix grids themselves are just reports so you can't actually take any action from the reports directly. However, once you identify your top talent, based on their placement in the grid, you can use the other features of SAP SuccessFactors Succession and Development to assign them to succession plans, add them to mentoring programs, and create development plans for them.
The most commonly used dimensions along which to measure employees are the performance rating, which is a retrospective rating, and the potential rating, a forward looking rating. After performance and potential, the next most commonly used configuration is objective versus competency. And finally, there are also two custom ratings that you can use to build your matrix grid reports.
Based on how you've defined your reports, the system pulls ratings from various data sources across the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite. Most commonly, these ratings come from performance forms that are part of SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management but can also come from ratings imported from an external system or assigned via the Employee Profile. You can configure these rating sources, including custom weighting, as well as defining other aspects of the report like which forms to include or whether to include in progress forms. You can also adjust the report output by modifying cell background colors and labels or adding icons to represent certain field values.
- Enabling Matrix Grid Reports
- Configuring the Matrix Grid Reports
- Rating Field Configuration in the Succession Data Model
- Configuring the Data Model to Store Matrix Grid Placement History
- Matrix Grid XML Settings Explained
- Matrix Classifier: XML Configuration for Icons
- Enabling Fields as Matrix Filters
- Displaying Additional Fields in the Matrix Grid History Portlet
- Displaying Matrix Rating Label in the Employee Profile or Scorecard
- Building Your Matrix Grid Reports
- Defining Levels and Labels for Matrix Grid Rating Scales
- Defining the X- and Y-Axes for Matrix Grid Reports
- Defining Limits for Users Displayed per Cell in Matrix Grid Reports
- Adjusting the Colors and Labels for Matrix Grid Cells
- Displaying Unrated and Too New to Rate
- Adding URL Links to Matrix Grid Reports
- Custom Rating Distributions Using Custom Weights (Normalized Ratings)
- Selecting Icons for Matrix Grid Reports
- Configuring Retirement Eligibility Settings
- Configuring the Matrix Grid Placement History Portlet
- Using the Matrix Grid Reports
- Filtering Data in Matrix Reports
- Matrix Report Navigation
- Printing and Exporting Matrix Grid Reports
- End of Maintenance for Matrix Grid Reports v11
SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
Succession Planning Management SCM Administration Implementation Guide UA User Assistance document documentation , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-MXG , Matrix Grid & Reports (9 Box) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.