- An amount or quantity key figure is defined with data type FLTP
- When activate the key figure, a warining is raised: "Rounding inaccuracies occur with data type FLOAT for AMOUNT and QUANTITY" (R7B 136)
- When check data in transaction LISTCUBE with DB aggregation, the FLTP key figure value has some deviation when run the data selection multiple times.
The deviation could be:
The last digits has different values for a big number.
A value should get 0, but get very small float number with different deviation back.
- When the FLTP key figure is used in a planning scenario, very small key figure values that are not initial, such as -1.9876543209999999E-300, can generated from reverse postings. When compress cube with zero elimination, such small numbers can't be removed.
- If a FLTP key figure is used in a planning query as the reference of disaggregation, some extreme big values are got as the result. Because the norminator is a very small number, the value to be disaggregated is divided by this very small number and then allocated to each record.
The query gets 0 as disaggregation result due to data overflow and an information is displayed:
Number entered for xxx has too many digits (BRAIN 217)
- Release independent
SAP NetWeaver all versions
R7B136, BRAIN217 , KBA , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP , Analyzing Data , BW-PLA-IP , Integrated Planning , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.