- After upgrading to ASE 16.0 SP03
- ASE errorlog reports (many) error 8211
- Followed by signal 11 at address des_checkpoint
- Crashing ASE due to spid holding spinlock dbt_defpipebufgpspin
- Errorlog entires will include :
Error: 8211, Severity: 26, State: 1
Mismatch found between the name and id descriptor hash table for table 'my_tab', objid = 123456. Descriptor hashed by name = 0xa4b49140 and hashed by id = 0x0.
Current process (...) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001cd3e4e (des_checkpoint+0x52e)
Spinlocks held by kpid 3997727
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin at ...
with stack including
- When running dbcc checkdb, error 9938 is returned:
Msg 9938, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'ASE', Line 1:
Table with ID 123456 not found; check sysobjects.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP03 GA (PL00) only.
Error: 8211, des_checkpoint, time slice, Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin, upgrading, upgraded, checkpoint, ASE down, crash, schemaid, object, schemaid=0, schemaid=100 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.