Connectivity issues between Lumira Discovery (and, to an extent, Lumira Designer) and the BI Platform can manifest in a number of symptoms - some of those cases produce error messages parsed to the front end, while others need to be investigated further via Lumira Discovery traces and HTTP traces. Following is a list of documented symptoms:
- When logging in to BI Platform via Lumira Discovery using Restful URL (http://hostname:6405/biprws), unexpected authentication type attempt error message:
|Invalid authentication type. Check your input parameters (HDB 05404)
- Missing plugins error message:
- WACS connectivity issue error message:
- When a non-administrative user saves a document to the BI Platform, Discovery shows the error:
- Generic BOE Restful browsing request failure:
|Call to service 'BOEResourceBrowsing' failed
- After providing credentials, the screen briefly flashes with folder listing and goes back to the logon screen without an error message.
- In other cases it has been observed, that Lumira Discovery is hanging on logon, until the token/session expires.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Lumira 2.0
cannot, can't, unable, login, log in, BIP, BI Platform, OBOJ, folders, stuck, loading, connectivity, connection, BOBJ, lumira, login, cant, unable , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
About this page
This is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more
to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.