- Add-on installer [or repair of any BI install] appears to finish but fails to complete or states 'has encountered errors during the install process'
- Update installer failure [Support package or Patch]: After patching, the installer appears to finish but multiple services fail to start of run with errors.
- In case of Add-on install failure [Lumira or Design Studio or Analysis Office add-on for BIP] : After installing , the install appears to be successful but some menu items are missing or services like the Adaptive Processing Server (APS) run with errors.
- For example, after installing Design Studio 1.6 SP4, in the Central Management Console (CMC), the APS is running with errors due to the Analysis Application service failure.
- Although the installer appears to succeed, errors can be seen while viewing or refreshing the updated or add-on content.
- The installer script was not able to connect to the CMS & all the retries failed.
Logging into <HOST>:6400 as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication...
Sleeping for 5 second(s)...
ERROR: Could not reach CMS '<HOST>:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)
- Upon checking the <installdir>/setup/packagestemp folder, there are many *.dfo.xml files (system objects) which were not uploaded or deployed by the installer (note that having a small number of dfo's left for a BI patch/SP update is normal)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 & 4.2 (all Support Packages & Patches)
- SAP Design Studio add-on for BI Platform (all supported versions eg: 1.5 & 1.6 )
- SAP Analysis Office add-on for BI Platform (all supported versions )
- SAP Lumira add-on for BI Platform (all supported versions)
All supported operating systems
SAPBI, BIP, BI Platform, Analysis Office, AO, Design Studio, DS, AD, Lumira, Add-on, Install, repair, fail, running with errors, 4.1, 4.2, addnode, deployfiles, DFO, XML, packagestemp, temporary, cms, multiple, NIC, adapter, FWM, 20030, connect, biinst, tskba , KBA , fwm 20030 , multiple nics , install failure , repair , sap bi , addnode , tskba , deployfiles , biinst , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.