- The affected instance suffers from an apparent standstill situation.
- Most actions will just hang and new users cannot logon to the application server.
- The following warning entry is noticed at work process trace files:
*** WARNING => MtxLock xxYYxxYYxxYY EMADM owner=<wp number> deadlock ? [mtxxx.c 2574]
- By extracting the C-STACK from the work process number displayed as the mutex holder (above), the following (or similar) is seen:
- You also notice that a few processes seem to be waiting for semaphore 39, through DPmon output or through the work process table (Transaction SM50).
- SAP Netweaver release independent
semaphore 36, mutex, freeze, hanging situation, extended global, SAP memory , KBA , BC-CST-DP , Dispatcher, Task Handler , BC-CST-MM , Memory Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.