- Used space in the temporary database is consistently growing.
- It is shown as growing when we look at the database at the times when only system objects exist in the database and no user objects exist.
- The transaction log (syslogs) can be truncated to a bare minimum of 1 page.
- The ASE monitoring tool shows that a lot of space is allocated to index pages while very little space is used by data pages and syslogs.
- The data and log segments are mixed in the temporary database, so eventually:
- threshold procedures start firing and threshold warning messages are logged in the ASE errorlog, for example:
background task message: THRESHOLD (before) : WARNING : tempdb : logsegment : 680 free pages : 99.97 pct full
background task message: THRESHOLD (before) : WARNING : tempdb : logsegment : 16 free pages : 100.00 pct full
- Error 1105 is reported in the ASE errorlog:
Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 12
Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment.
- Running processes (spid) get suspended:
Space available in segment 'logsegment' has fallen critically low in database 'tempdb'. All future modifications to this database will be suspended until the transaction log is successfully dumped and space becomes available.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
enable, housekeeper, garbage, collection, HKCG, DELETE, empty, logically, deleted, DOL, system, index, datarows, reorg, rebuild, reclaim_space, csysprocedures, sysprocedures, CR810170, CR#810170, 810170 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.