- Issue happens with Microsoft Office 2016 version 1701 (Build 7766.2092)
- SapGUI freezes while updating long text in purchase/work orders
- Office integration trace as per SAP KBA 1887367 - How to get an Office Integration trace - SAPGUI for Windows shows no errors.
- Opening Task manager shows multiple WINWORD.exe process running. Killing the Word process releases SAPGUI from the freeze state.
- Deselecting the two checkboxes Microsoft Word->Options->Trust Center->TrustCenter Setting->Privacy Options->"Send Personal information to Microsoft to make improvements to Office" and "Let Office connect to online services from Microsoft to provide functionality that's relevant to your usage and preferences resolves the issue."
SAP GUI for Windows
Office integration, Microsoft, long text, process, SAP GUI freeze, , KBA , BC-FES-OFFI , SAP Desktop Office Integration , BC-FES-GUI , Graphical User Interface , BC-FES-CTL , SAP GUI for Windows Controls , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.