When processing in PI system, if the size of the processing message is too big, then we may meet an error "(413)Request Entity Too Large", it can usually be divided into two conditions.
When you make a HTTP request to PI system, when the size of the request entity exceeds a certain value, you will receive errors something lile below:
"The request entity must be less than <XXX> bytes!"... "Content length must be less than <XXX> bytes!"...
and you will receive a response code: "413 Request Entity Too Large".
- When making a HTTP request from PI system to a Web Service using SOAP (Axis) Adapter. When processing a message of which the size exceeds a certain value, an error "Message processing failed. Cause: (413)Request Entity Too Large" can be seen in the SOAP (Axis) receiver channel in Communication Channel Monitoring in NWA. Besides, in Message Monitor in NWA, the errors similar to the following could be observed:
Error Axis: error in invocation: (413)Request Entity Too Large
Error MP: exception caught with case (413)Request Entity Too Large
Error Exception caught by adapter framework: (413)Request Entity Too Large
Error Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messagng.api.exception.MessagingException: (413)Request Entity Too Large...
Also, the errors in XPI inspector trace with Example 50 similar to the following could be observed:
(413)Request Entity Too Large
- When making a HTTP request from PI system to a Web Service using the SOAP Adapter
SOAP: Call failed: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 413 Request Entity Too LargeHTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
(413)Request Entity Too Large, Web Service, Request, Size, SOAP Axis, Receiver, Communication channel, MessagingException, Response, XIAdapter, SOAP_EXCEPTION, Process Integration 7.0, PI 7.0, PI 7.01, PI 7.02, Process Integration 7.10, PI 7.10, Process Integration 7.11, PI 7.11, Process Integration 7.30, PI 7.30, Process Integration 7.31, PI 7.31, Process Orchestration 7.4, PI 7.4, PO 7.4, Process Orchestration 7.5, PI 7.5, PO 7.5, XI, AEX , KBA , BC-XI-CON-AXS , Axis Extention for SOAP Adapter , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.