When trying to install Solution manager 7.2 with ASE we run into the following issues in the logs:
From the errorLog we see:
- Error: 840, Severity: 17, State: 2
Device 'sybmgmtdev' (with physical name 'D:\sybase\<SID>\sybsystem\sybmgmtdb.dat', and virtual device number 4) has not been correctly activated at startup time. Please contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role.
Unable to proceed with the recovery of dbid <31515> because of previous errors.
From sapinst_dev we can see the following:
- ERROR 2017-06-22 12:15:37.934 (MUMSAP004\testadmin) (startInstallation) [bas/bas/749_REL/bc_749_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/src/sapinst/CInstallerCallBackImpl.cpp:267] id=ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.assertionFailed errno=CJS-00030
Assertion failed: Unable to set up job scheduler. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.
- ERROR 2017-06-22 12:15:37.934 (MUMSAP004\testadmin) (startInstallation) [bas/bas/749_REL/bc_749_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/src/modlib/iaxxbjsmod.cpp:83] id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025
Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Assertion failed: Unable to set up job scheduler. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information..
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.