- You configured Java Resource Adapter but the JRA failed to start on some/all instances with following error:
[JRA] serverExceptionOccurred. Server <ProgramID>, JCoServerControllerThread, connectionId=null, Exception: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at <timestamp>.
This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in <retry interval> seconds.
Could not start server: Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connection parameters: PROGID="***" GWHOST=<server ip where the JRA is failing> GWSERV=sapgw<instance number of SCS instance>
ERROR partner '<server ip where the JRA is failing>:sapgw<instance number of SCS instance>' not reached----------------------
COMPONENT NI (network interface)
DETAIL NiPConnect2: <server ip where the JRA is failing>:33<instance number of SCS instance>
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused
- The reason for the above error is because the JRA is trying to connect to wrong/unexisting gateway, although you have configured gateway server and service correctly in JRA properties configuration.
- SAP NetWeaver 2004
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
- SAP Composition Environment all releases
JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP, JRA, ResourceAdapter, gateway server, jco.client.gwhost, isLocal, , KBA , BC-MID-CON-JCO , Java-Connector , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.