- You are using DBACockpit to monitor long-running queries on SAP ASE system
- You have applied the latest set of DBACockpit Corrections on your SAP system
- While checking the "Execution Plan" for some queries, you find many client application tasks get blocked in database
- The related windows in DBACockpit seems hung and do not show up for a long time:
* Checking cached query plans for query using 'show execution plan'
* Getting table information using Space-> Table and Indexes -> Single Table Analysis
- The DBACockpit process is internally running stored procedure sp_showoptstats on some user tables during this time.
- Per optdiag utility, the involved tables have a very large rowcount and high column statistics histogram step count
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP ERP 6.0 ; SAP NetWeaver all versions
- CR809100, CR#809100, 809100, sp_showoptstats, sp_who, sp_lock, sysstatistics, histogram, step count, optdiag, block, lock, Dbacockpit, DBAcockpit, query plan, performance tuning, execution
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.