- While starting ASE on Linux without turning ON HugePages for large shared memory allocation, ASE might fail to start with an error message,
- Attempt to attach shared memory (id 0) at address 0x..., with flags 0 failed
- Cannot attach shared memory : error = 22 (Invalid argument)
- os_create_region: shmat(0): Invalid argument
- kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region.
- kistartup: could not create shared memory
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Linux x86_64
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition 15.7
os_create_region, cannot allocate, kbcreate, kistartup, HugePages , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.