You have one or all of the following symptoms in the SYSTEMDB of your multitenant* database landscape:
- Alert "Your database is currently running with an inconsistent secure storage file system (SSFS). Access to encrypted data and encryption of data are limited."
- Backup is failing with error message: "Inconsistent SSFS!"
- SYS.M_SECURESTORE contains information about an inconsistency of the SSFS ( DPAPI -> IS_CONSISTENT=FALSE )
- Secure Internal Credential Store: SQL CREATE CREDENTIAL or CREATE REMOTE SOURCE fails with "encryption failure"
- XS Secure Store: Reading or writing from an XS Secure Store fails with "encryption failure"
- PSE Private Key Store: Setting an own certificate fails with "Error during encryption of private key"
*For non-multitenant database configurations, please see SAP Note 2097613 - Database is running with inconsistent Secure Storage File System (SSFS)
SAP HANA Platform Edition 1.0
Revision 90 and above
Multitenant Database Container landscape
HANA Alert 57, Inconsistent SSFS, HANA inconsistent data volume encryption, hana inconsistent ssfs, Inconsistent HANA multitenant, inconsistent hana mdc, inconsistent ssfs backup , KBA , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , HAN-DB , SAP HANA Database , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.